.Caliber: .460 S&W Magnum®
.Capacity: 5 Rounds
.Barrel Length: 8.38″ / 21.3 cm
.Front Sight: HI-VIZ® Interchangable
.Rear Sight: Adjustable Black Blade
.Action: Single/Double Action
.Frame: Extra Large
.Frame Size: Extra Large – Exposed Hammer
.Finish: Satin Stainless
.Overall Length: 15″ / 38.1 cm
.Material: Stainless Steel Frame
Stainless Steel Cylinder
.Weight Empty: 72.5 oz / 2,055.4 g
.Purpose: Handgun Hunting
• Removable, Interchangeable Compensator
• The Highest Velocity Revolver in the World – 2330 FPS/200 Grain!
• The Most Powerful .45 Caliber Revolver In the World – 2400 lbs/ft!
• If You Zero its Sights at 200 Yards You Will Bag Your Buck with a Center Hold 0-250 Yards with No Hold Over! Just Center It and Fire. The 460XVR Will Do The Rest
• Gain Twist Rifled Barrel for Superb Accuracy
• Lighter Loads That The 460 Will Also Fire Include .45 Colt and .454 Casull
• Incredibly Low Perceived Recoil For All Loads
We all grew up hearing the phrase, “Faster than a speeding bullet…,” but not when it is fired from Smith & Wesson’s new Model 460XVR, with the highest muzzle velocity of any production revolver on earth. The Model 460XVR is so revolutionary that it required an entirely new designation…XVR, X-treme Velocity Revolver.
Starting with their Extra Large Frame, the Smith & Wesson engineers worked to deliver maximum velocity – over 2,300 feet per second – to reach the target faster than ever before. The 460XVR™ has interchangeable compensators to accommodate every load and its “gain-twist” rifled barrel means superb long-range accuracy (beyond 200 yards) with every shot! Only Smith & Wesson could deliver this much power, this much velocity and this much accuracy in a precision, production revolver.